Welcome to my blog!

Hi there & welcome to my BLOG! This has been a goal of mine for quite a while and I decided this was as good a time as any to bite the bullet and go for it! This will be primarily sewing related but I cannot promise I won't stray here and there, hopefully you will enjoy the rest of my blabbing as well.
My name is Kipp! and I live by the lake in Southwest Michigan with my lovely boyfriend & our furbabies, Bart & Mike 💓
Let me start with my sewing story. My first real venture into sewing was a class in middle school where I made an absolutely terrible duffel bag (which surprisingly still exists!). My mom sewed for us when I was little but I honestly don't recall seeing her do it, it just magically appeared so I wasn't aware of how amazing it was. Later in life while living in Seattle I scored an amazing vintage bed sheet from Goodwill and got the idea to make it into something I could wear! I found a pattern and without doing much research dove right in. Every stitch by hand, even installed a zip! Something went tragically wrong with the collar and it was never finished... there it sits in my stash to this day, so sad!
A few more projects went in a similar direction but I didn't lose hope! I was determined to nail it eventually so I kept at it. I ended up back in Michigan living in a camper with my Mom where we literally spent the entire winter crafting up a storm! We were making the most adorable stuffed owls from felt all by hand. By the end of that winter we had more owls than you could shake a stick at & I was officially hooked on sewing! All but 1 of the owls flew the coop - people loved them & bought them up right away which only fueled this fire more. I got myself a couple "okay" vintage sewing machines and moved on to garment making and the rest is history!
I have always been a huge fan of all things vintage; the fashion, music, style, decor, you name it, its my jam. I prefer to live life pretending I am in a different era. If my clothes are not Me-made you can rest assured they are thrifted. Even the fabrics I use are nearly all second hand - bed sheets are the best. I am passionate about showing a more frugal side to sewing because it really can be a ridiculously expensive hobby, but t doesn't have to be.. I am proof!
So here we go, I hope that you will enjoy following me on my sewing adventure! You can also follow me on instagram @sewkipp
~Kipp!

Comments

  1. You are AMAZING 💕Congrats on this exciting new endeavor!!!
    (ps: I sewed at night while you kids slept😘)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love the idea of this challenge. I wonder if I will ever get round to making everything I want to?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts